When in this space, the world might seem a bit grey or dull. And, you hope to see things with fresh eyes and in full color.
To do so, it is helpful to turn to the writers, the creatives, the artists, who found wisdom and perspective by embarking on the creative journey.
Their words are both inspiring and alivening. They can help you bring your beautiful voice into the world.
- “We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.” ~ Kurt Vonnegut
- “You can’t wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club.” ~ Jack London
- “I don’t think there’s any artist of any value who doesn’t doubt what they’re doing.” ~ Francis Ford Coppola
- “Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts. And never hope more than you work.” ~ Rita Mae Brown
- “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” ~ Rumi
- “The soul should always stand ajar. Ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.” ~ Emily Dickinson
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.” ~ Marianne Williamson
- “The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.” ~ Albert Einstein
- “What keeps life fascinating is the constant creativity of the soul.” Deepak Chopra
- “Dance above the surface of the world. Let your thoughts lift you into creativity that is not hampered by opinion.” ~ Red Haircrow
- “That’s the great secret of creativity. You treat ideas like cats: you make them follow you.” ~ Ray Bradbury
- “All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning.” ~ Albert Camus
- “I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life’s realities.” ~ Dr. Seuss
- “Invention, it must be humbly admitted, does not consist in creating out of void but out of chaos.” ~ Mary Shelley
- “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” ~ Maya Angelou
Do you have a quote that inspires you or one that you would like to add to the list? Share your quotes in the comments below.