Just as the moon moves through her cycles so do we. Our egos often want something different than what we’re called to do, but there’s a natural order calling us to deeper consciousness and relationship with ourselves.
This can be especially true when we’re called into seasons of rest and retreat in a world where there’s pressure to create, do, and produce.
For me I’ve hit periods where no matter how much I’ve wanted to create and put myself out there, I was being guided towards a season of changing and growing, rather than creating and doing.
Whereas there are periods where I’m inspired, motivated and creating feels breezy and recharging.
However, the call to retreat can often be more challenging to hold.
With these inward seasons we’re being asked to embrace the mystery and surrender. To deepen our relationship with the feminine principle that’s alive within all of us.
During these times…
Rest. Nourish. Sleep in. Take care of yourself. Relax into the unknown.
And, when we inevitably feel the call to come forward again, we’re left with a different question, how to open our channel back up?
Here are some practical things that have helped me when navigating these foggy states.
- Broadening my self created containers to allow for spaciousness and permission to honor my rhythms.
- Morning pages daily.
- Asking, “What wants to come through?”
- Getting back into my body daily movement.
- Tracking the lunar and planetary cycles
- Kundalini yoga and meditation.
- Nurturing my alter.
- Grounding practices. Every night before bed and while waking up, putting grounding cords down, feeling myself being held by gravity.
- Shadow work. For example, exploring the parts of myself that loves creating, sharing, and putting myself out there, along with the parts of myself that absolutely loves to hide, or to go creatively numb– and loving on these parts completely and fully.
- Dream work. Writing dream images down daily. Seeing patterns. Having conversations with them.
- Being super careful about the information I’m taking in.
The reemergence from the depths is its own point on the path, and something that takes intention and care.
Overall, when we’re called inward, we reemerge different. For me, each time this has happened, I come out with more clarity, a call to let go and dissolve, and share from a new place of alignment.
We must surrender to the mystery of what wants to come through, coupled with the intention / practices that help us clear space for the inner magic to alchemize externally.
When that happens we create from a place of magic and co-creation that opens us up in ways that allow for a deeper connection to the Self and the magic birthing through us.